Sugar Reef Bequia is an Approved Quarantine Hotel
We care deeply about the health and safety of our team members, guests, and community. We understand how challenging and unpredictable travel is right now. Getting here will require a bit of effort and patience. But as soon as you get here, you will be able to leave all the troubles behind and enjoy your vacation on our charming hidden Paradise. We hope that the information we share below will help to finalise your travel plans. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon!
Entry Requirements to St Vincent and the Grenadines
- All arrivals must complete a pre-arrival form online and required to arrive with a negative result of a COVID-19 test, will be tested and assessed by Health Officers upon arrival.
- Travellers from High Risk Countries (Canada, USA, UK) must quarantine for 5 days in an Approved Quarantine Hotel, will then be retested on day 4 or 5. Once negative test result is confirmed, travellers may move to another chosen accommodation, must continue quarantine for another 9 days at the discretion of the Health Officer.
- Travellers from Medium Risk Countries (Cuba, Taiwan) must quarantine 48-72 hours at any chosen accommodation.
- Travellers from the “Caricom Bubble” (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia), may be tested on arrival and may quarantine for 48-72 hours at the discretion of the Health Officer.
- Only travellers arriving from Barbados are not required to quarantine if no evidence of onboard vessel exposure and not in a high risk occupation.
Transit through Barbados
Please remember that you must complete the Barbados Immigration & Customs Form within 72 hours before travelling.
Temporary Reservation Policies – For stays until December 12, 2021
You’re required to pay for the full cost of your stay at the time of booking, including the 11% VAT government tax and 10% service charge.
The Sugar Reef Bequia will refund your payment, excluding a 10% processing fee. Written notification of cancellation must be received at least 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival.
Alternatively, you can choose to reschedule your stay up to one year from your original travel date without penalty, with your full payment applied to your future stay. If the credit exceeds the cost of your future stay, we will allow you to apply the remaining balance to your incidentals. Written notification of rescheduling must be received at least 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival.
What you can expect at Sugar Reef during your stay
- Prior to your arrival we will send you a welcome email in which we will ask you to share some of your travel details. Please respond at least 72 hours before your check-in so we can assure your smooth transfer to the hotel upon arrival.
- At arrival a prearranged taxi will meet you at the Bequia Airport or Ferry Dock and drive you to the hotel. One of our staff will welcome you and check you in. Both guests & staff are asked to wear face masks during interactions within the property with some exceptions. Hand sanitation will be provided throughout the hotel.
- During your quarantine period, room service for meals and drinks will be available. Maid service will also be available on request. You must wear a face mask and you need to practice safe physical distancing when staff is present in your room.
- Guests from High Risk Countries: For the first 5 days of your quarantine you must stay in your room during the whole time. After your arrival test and your 5th-day repeated test were both confirmed negative, you will be allowed restricted movements and leave your room but must remain on hotel grounds for the additional 9 days of quarantine. You must wear a face mask outside of your room and avoid interaction from persons outside of your personal bubble. Daily temperature check and movement log will be recoded by hotel staff.
- After the local Health Officer approved your clearance and your quarantine period is over you will be free to enjoy the rest of your vacation on Bequia without restrictions. However, you will be asked to wear a face mask and you will need to continue practicing safe physical distancing in the public areas of the hotel. Face masks won’t be required during dining and beach or pool time.
- Before departure we will be glad to help you arrange a further PCR test at the Bequia Hospital in case you need one in order to return home or continue your travel.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!