Sugar Reef Bequia is an Approved Quarantine Hotel
We care deeply about the health and safety of our team members, guests, and community. We understand how challenging and unpredictable travel is right now. Getting here will require a bit of effort and patience. But as soon as you get here, you will be able to leave all the troubles behind and enjoy your vacation on our charming hidden Paradise. We hope that the information we share below will help to finalise your travel plans. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon!
Last updated on January 12, 2021
Entry Requirements to St Vincent and the Grenadines
See the detailed entry protocols of St Vincent and the Grenadines and the required pre-arrival forms here.
Please note that all arrivals must complete a pre-arrival form online and must arrive with a negative result of a RT-PCR COVID-19 test done no more than 72 hours before arrival and will be assessed by Health Officers upon arrival.
- Travellers from High Risk Countries including Barbados, Grenada, St Lucia, Canada, USA, UK (see full list of countries on the detailed government protocol linked above) must arrive with a negative result of a COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test done no more than 72-hours before arrival, may be tested on arrival, must quarantine for 14 days in an Approved Quarantine Hotel (must arrive with proof of the fully paid reservation), will then be retested between day 4 and 7. You will be able to fully enjoy your vacation and explore Bequia from day 15 after your clearance is confirmed by the Health Officer.
- Travellers from Medium Risk Countries (Taiwan, Cuba, British Virgin Islands, Antigua and Barbuda) must arrive with a negative result of a COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test done no more than 72 hours before arrival, may be tested on arrival, must quarantine for 7 days in an Approved Quarantine Hotel (must arrive with proof of the fully paid reservation), must be retested on day 4, may move to another chosen home/hotel/vessel on day 8 where must continue quarantine for an additional 5 days. You will be able to fully enjoy your vacation and explore Bequia from day 13 after your clearance is confirmed by the Health Officer.
- Travellers from Low Risk Countries (Anguilla, Dominica, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis), must arrive with a negative result of a COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test done no more than 72 hours before arrival, may be tested on arrival at the discretion of the Health Officer, not required to quarantine if no evidence of onboard vessel exposure and not in a high risk occupation.
- The country of residence will be the last country that the traveller was present for at least 21 days.
What you can expect at Sugar Reef during your stay
- Prior to your arrival we will send you a welcome email in which we will ask you to share some of your travel details and send us a list of groceries that you would like us to stock up your kitchenette with. Please respond at least 72 hours before your check-in so we can assure your smooth transfer to the hotel upon arrival.
- At arrival a prearranged taxi will meet you at the Bequia Airport or Ferry Dock and drive you to the hotel. One of our staff will welcome you and check you in. Both guests & staff are asked to wear face masks during interactions within the property. Hand sanitation will be provided throughout the hotel.
- During your quarantine period
- Our designated quarantine unit is the Master Suite in our hillside French House. This is the most spacious accommodation at Sugar Reef. It features a bedroom with a king-size canopy bed, an en-suite bathroom, a kitchenette with fridge, electric kettle, toaster oven, microwave oven and all the essentials you need for a simple meal. It also has a huge furnished private veranda overlooking the hillside and the Atlantic that is ideal for open air relaxation and alfresco dining. Feel free to send us a grocery list prior to your arrival so we can stock up your kitchenette with your favorite food and drinks.
- You must stay in Master Suite during the whole time of your quarantine.
- There is absolutely no contact allowed with staff and other guests and you won’t be able to use the public areas of Sugar Reef.
- Our staff will be available to assist you with your special needs, such as bringing clean towels/linens, picking up dirty towels/linens and garbage, ordering and delivering of takeaway meals, and picking up groceries. Please note that there is no maid service during your quarantine period.
- You can only leave Master Suite during your quarantine period if you request a special permission from the Coronavirus Taskforce of St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- After the local Health Officer approved your clearance and your quarantine period is over you will be able to use all the public areas of the hotel, including the beach and our restaurant and you will be free to enjoy the rest of your vacation on Bequia without restrictions. However, you will be asked to continue maintaining safe physical distancing and practicing regular hand sanitation.
Transit through Barbados
Please remember that you must complete the Barbados Immigration & Customs Form within 72 hours before travelling.
Temporary Reservation Policies – For stays until December 12, 2021
You’re required to pay for the full cost of your stay at the time of booking, including the 11% VAT government tax and 10% service charge.
The Sugar Reef Bequia will refund your payment, excluding a 10% processing fee. Written notification of cancellation must be received at least 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival.
Alternatively, you can choose to reschedule your stay up to one year from your original travel date without penalty, with your full payment applied to your future stay. If the credit exceeds the cost of your future stay, we will allow you to apply the remaining balance to your incidentals. Written notification of rescheduling must be received at least 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!