Our French House is open all year round.
Take the dreamy few-minute drive from the Beach House up to the hillside. French House is a massive historic home recently turned into Sugar Reef Bequia, a unique boutique hotel. Designed with antique mahogany furniture and immense private veranda, you’ll get the feeling that you’re living the languid Caribbean lifestyle of an 18th-century plantation owner.
The French House has:
- A Great Room with games and books to keep you busy
- A deep wrap-around veranda with a dining table, hammock, and circular sitting area
- A refreshing backyard plunge pool that can cool you off on even the hottest days in Bequia
- A self-serve Honor Bar, complete with wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and snacks
- A fully equipped shared kitchen where guests are welcome to cook their own meals
- Five separate en-suite guest rooms
The French House boasts commanding panoramic views of Crescent Beach, Industry Bay and the nearby Grenadines. The spacious luxury of this home built alongside nature’s beauty allows you to drink in the quiet sunrises, cooling ocean winds, and blazing sunsets – characteristic of the most tropical Caribbean getaway.
Breakfast is served on the wrap-around veranda all year round in French House with breathtaking views of the Atlantic and the Grenadine islands. The veranda is also one of the best places to see the colorful sunrises and sunsets!
All five of the guest rooms are adorned with an eclectic selection of antique, vintage, and contemporary Caribbean-style furniture. Each room has mahogany four-poster beds, draped with nets and the sumptuous all-cotton percale linens will have you sleeping so comfortably.
One of the major draws of coming to Bequia over other islands in the Caribbean is that it’s very calm. The French House is a beautiful example of the kind of serene lifestyle that people used to lead in the Caribbean before there was any tourism. Our French House is built for tranquility. We have puzzles, games, and books for you to entertain yourself with. That, and we have an Honor Bar on-site so you can pour your own drinks as you put the puzzles together.